[nagdu] FWD: Arizona - URGENT LEGISLATIVE ALERT; HB2179 AMENDMENT MAKES SIGNIFICANT CHANGES TO RIGHTS OF PERSONS WHOUSE SERVICE ANIMALS

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Thu Feb 19 00:34:15 UTC 2015

No, state laws cannot supercede federal laws.  They did say they were
requesting that the ADA be changed to meet Arizona state law.  I don't
believe they have an argument that the service animals pose a threat
to the health of people in a restaurant.  I have never seen any
studies showing this to be true.  Does anyone know why this law is
being pushed?

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053