[nagdu] COMMUNITY COMMENTARY 'Emotional support dogs' endanger somein public

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 01:25:01 UTC 2015

This is an interesting letter and in part, I certainly support
it.  But I have some questions.  First of all, in Spokane I have
run into people with dogs who say that they experience PTSAID.
The dogs help them with that issue.  Are they considered service
dogs? Or are they considered "emotional support" dogs? I am
pretty unclear about this.  I understand that dogs that strictly
give "comfort" are not service dogs, but I'm very unclear about
the proliferation of dogs that Veterans are using because of
Post-traumatic Stress Disorder.  And is that considered a
disability? Please understand, I'm supportive of anything that is
good for Veterans, but this issue does not seem clear to me.
Peace,    Debby