[nagdu] Teaching a dog to shake itself off when wet.

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Mon Feb 23 16:38:29 UTC 2015

Deanna,
What I did with Jenny is to tell her "Good shake off!" whenever she shook herself off when wet.  She's a bit of a princess and will shake herself off whenever she gets even a little bit wet.  But this actually let me train her to shake herself off.  If we've been out in snow/rain and get into a building, I will ask her "Do you need to shake yourself off?" and she will if she needs to.

Hope this helps.

Daryl

----- Original Message ----- From: Deanna Lewis via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org> To: NAGDU Mailing List, the National Association of Guide Dog Users (nagdu at nfbnet.org) <nagdu at nfbnet.org> Sent: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 09:28:06 -0700 (MST) Subject: [nagdu] Teaching a dog to shake itself off when wet.  Hi all, Does anyone have any tips on how to teach a dog to shake itself off when it is wet? This would be very beneficial when the dog is sopping wet and you are going into the house, or onto a bus... My dog will generally shake himself off when I take off his harness, but not always. Thank you! Deanna and Pascal (who retires in less than 4 weeks) -- This email was Virus checked by UTM 9. http://www.sophos.com Sent from the Clovernook email system _______________________________________________ nagdu mailing list nagdu at nfbnet.org http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nagdu_nfbnet.org To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for nagdu: http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/crazymusician%40shaw.ca