[nagdu] how often to bathe dog?

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 25 15:09:10 UTC 2015

Hi!

I like my dog to be clean and tidy and as nice-smelling as possible.  I brush her regularly, use a Furmintaor once every 1-2 weeks, and keep her dry as much a spossible.

I know you are not supposed to bathe dogs too frequently because that will dry out her skin.  Jenny doesn't like baths much anyway, but I was wondering how much is too much?  nOr how often do you bathe your dog?  Jenny is a black Lab, so I don't generally worry about long fur, etc.

I bathed her just after New Year's, and just bathed her again last night; we've had a freeze/thaw/freeze/thaw cycle that has resulted in a ton of mud and dirt and grime.  I don't plan on bathing her again for another couple months (until after we get the BIG winter melt).

I guess I am more curious than anything else, and I can't remember talking about it.

Daryl