[nagdu] differences between service dogs and pets

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 17:06:29 UTC 2015

Hi Julie, having grown up with pets, some things were more
lenient-our pets growing up got table scraps, for instance.  My
retired guide gets them from my husband (not from me).  Lol.  But
as far as other manners, we had high expectations-being in
control when out in public, for instance.  However, pets do have
some privileges.  Pets can ride on the seat, not on the floor of
our car.  But since we have some expectations of good behavior on
the part of our pets, in that regard there is very little
difference, except that keeping up obedience with Neena or other
guides in the past, is important, and I probably pay more
attention to grooming with NEENA than Lamar.  I keep telling my
husband that it's HIS job to groom Lamar now.  Lol.  Lamar gets a
little more freedom outdoors, too.  I don't totally trust that
Neena won't get into stuff she shouldn't, so she doesn't get left
outside by herself, whereas Lamar can be outside by himself,
especially in summer when he likes to go outside and lie in the
sun.    Peace,    Debby and Neena