[nagdu] Getting a Guide Dog Soon!

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 03:21:42 UTC 2015

Hi Helga, no, there is no such thing as dog insurance or
subsidies.  If you are on SSI and go to work, there are expenses
that you can apply that will allow you to keep more of your SSI
and be working.  But I do not know of any programs such as you
are asking about.  I believe that Guide Dogs for the Blind pays
all vet expenses, but as I am not part of their program, I cannot
say for sure.  Some vets will give a discount for service and
guide dogs, but you would need to check with the individual vets
in your area.  I do understand not working and needing to provide
for my dog as well as myself and not having much income.  I was
very blessed in that my dad (who has passed away since) would
sometimes give me an extra $20.  Sometimes that went for dog food
or vet bills.  Others may have some ideas, though.    Peace,
Debby and Neena