[nagdu] When To Relieve

Vivianna irishana at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 14:28:30 UTC 2015

Hi Elise,
first of all.  you have said that you have only had your dog for a few days?  does this mean that you are still at a school?  are you still in some sort of training?
have you told the trainer that you are an early riser and, exactly what that means?  some folks think that 7:00 is early.  lol.
does the trainer know that you are feeding your dog at 5:00 a.m.?
usually, they want you to take your dog out right after feeding so, i am thinking that is what a trainer should be telling you to do at this early stage.  remember, your dog has been living in a kennel for months, releiving whenever and, whereever she wants so, you are, in a sense retraining her to be house trained.
it’s my personal opinion that, as long as you give her 4 times to relieve, spread out through the day, she should be good.
i am also guessing that, if you get up at 5 you are going to bed relatively early as well, so, her last time to go would be earlier than for someone who takes their dog out at 8 for example.
if the trainer still insists that you take her out at 7 then, i would not feed her until then as well.

Vivianna