[nagdu] FWD: Arizona - URGENT LEGISLATIVE ALERT; HB2179 AMENDMENT MAKES SIGNIFICANT CHANGES TO RIGHTS OFPERSONSWHO USE SERVICE ANIMALS

L Gwizdak leg1950 at cox.net
Thu Feb 26 23:35:03 UTC 2015

Hey snowbirds!  Come to San Diego!  We get the AZ crowd in summer to escape
their oppressive heat.  We welcome service dogs here! LOL!

I did hear that that bill died in committee and its sponsor was the
committee chair!  What a moron.  AZ: the home of bigots and Sheriff Arpaio
and homophobia.  I feel bad for the AZ residents who are wonderful people
who hates bigotry as well.

LGBT people are fighting this same type of crap for ages and now it is being
visited upon the disabled community.  Who was that guy that said, "They came
for the Catholics and I did nothing, they came for the Gypseys and I did
nothing, they came for the Jews..." (paraphrased).

What I am saying is that we must be viogillant for bigotry agaionst all
kinds of groups.  If people let it happen to others, the crap will come to
us.  Last year, AZ tried to pass a similar type of law only substitute "LGBT
people" for "service dogs".  Right now in Florida, someone's trying to pass
a law to make it illegal for transgender people to use a public bathroom -
you have to show your birth certificate to "prove" your gender.  These all
sound silly but it is true and a threat to the freedoms we Americans are
supposed to have in this country.

So far all this stuff has failed but that bill last year in AZ actually
PASSED both houses of the legislature and got to the Governor's desk for
signature.  A massive campaign across the coountry ensued and the Governor
wisely vetoed the bill.  We cannot just blow this stuff off as ridiculous.
These things can pass when no one is looking.

Lyn and Oliver
"Asking who's the man and who's the woman in an LGBT relationship is like
asking which chopstick is the fork" - Unknown