[nagdu] When a service dog is a pet - WAS differences between service dogs and pets

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Sat Feb 28 12:01:05 UTC 2015

Dailyah,

Yes, I mentioned that in my original message.  The thing I was trying to get
at is that when a disabled person is thinking about getting their first
service dog, the thing that everyone always says is that pets are not
service dogs.  They aren't talking about the task training.  People are
talking about the everyday life and management of a service dog.  I was
trying to understand exactly what people mean when they say that service
dogs aren't pets in that context.

Julie
Courage to Dare: A Blind Woman's Quest to Train her Own Guide Dog is now
available! Get the book here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QXZSMOC
Visit my new website on developing courage and living authentically:
http://www.falling-up.com