[nagdu] Home alone just fine

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sat Feb 28 18:34:28 UTC 2015

Krokus stayed home alone for the first time last night while my husband and
I went out dancing.  I put his crate in his usual resting spot and pushed a
flat pillow under part of it to make a soft spot.  When I told him to go in,
he walked in quietly and got a treat for it.  When I zipped up the door, he
flopped down and went to sleep.  He was happy to see us when we got home,
but didn't seem the least bit anxious or overexcited.  He didn't show any
signs of separation anxiety, which is great.

I'm not crazy about the crate.  I hope someday he will be trustworthy being
alone and free in the house.  In the meantime, I'm glad that he can rest
safely in the crate and not be at all upset, on those few occasions I think
it's best he not come with me.

Tracy