[nagdu] Retired Guides; Do the same access laws apply?

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 04:07:34 UTC 2015

I agree.  When Lamar retired, some people said I should keep his
harness so he could go with us out to dinner and stuff.  I was
tempted, because he would work well in those situations.  He just
didn't want to do anything very difficult.  If all he had to do
was walk in to a restaurant and make sure I didn't bump into
stuff, he probably would have done that well.  But I had some
qualms about it, so when Jann Abbot came out to work with us and
it was apparent that he should retire, I gave her his harness to
take back to the school.  There were times when it would have
been nice to have him with me, even though he really didn't want
to work anymore, except just to go with Craig and me.  On the
other hand, it made it cleaner just to retire him.  But I sure
missed his company.  But now I have a happy dog who loves to
work, and comes, tail wagging to my side.  And Lamar is always
ready at the door to greet us when we come home, tail wagging.
We call it helicopter tail, because his tail goes round and
round.  Lol.    Peace,    Debby and Neena