[nagdu] Walmart

Laura T lltcna at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 4 12:32:11 UTC 2015

I would like to vent my frustrations about a policy that needs changing I am a guide dog user and I have worked with my employer Walmart for 6 months to get permission to bring my dog to work with me Which I have gotten just getting the final arrangments in place But Walmart's service dog policy for the general public shopping in the store hurts those of us that have legitimate service animals the policy states that only a salaried member of management can make an inquiry into the nature of why an animal is in the store Unless thew door greater makes the call to question upon entering the store.Now let me go on to say that in my store they have reassigned the door greeters to other tasks and management has little time to police this issueI have seen kittens wrapped in blankets in the store and 8 week old puppies being brought in just to be shown off my feeling is that if anyone can walk through any door of Walmart at any time with any animal this is hurting those of us who really need service animals animals that are untrained one of these days are going to bite someone or worse yet harm a "real" service animal the sad part is that these people don't even have to pretend that the animal is a service animal. I have tried to speak with store management and have been told that it is a corporate policy been shown the policy and told that they will not change it because Walmart was sued in the past for harassing a person with a service dog and lost if anyone else here works for Walmart I would like to know if your experience is different  But I would also like the groups opinion if I am taking this too personally because I am a guide dog user and a Walmart employee thanks