[nagdu] OT: Help for a friend of a friend

Star Gazer pickrellrebecca at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 00:34:38 UTC 2015

Tell him to use JAWS.

-----Original Message-----
From: nagdu [mailto:nagdu-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Craig Heaps via
nagdu
Sent: Saturday, January 3, 2015 7:04 PM
To: NAGDU Mailing List, the National Association of Guide Dog Users
Subject: [nagdu] OT: Help for a friend of a friend

A friend sent me this note, asking for help in finding adaptive software for
a friend. I don't use any and don't know anything about the programs or apps
.. or how to obtain them.
I would appreciate any help.

Craig and Chase

"My friend Forrest (turned 90 on 12/24) is a WWI Vet who has extremely low
vision due to macular degeneration. He uses the computer for several hours
each day, but can no longer see the screen no matter how large the font or
color contrast. Does anyone have a recommendation for an audio or low vision
app that would work on a variety of websites? He writes a blog and works as
an expert with clients "