[nagdu] issue with guide dog eating snow that is fresh

Tina Thomas judotina48kg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 22:37:16 UTC 2015

Hello John- There's nothing wrong with how you handled your dog in that
situation. I have a good friend whose dog liked to eat snow, and one day she
was relieving her dog in a parking lot covered in snow and the dog ate some
and that snow happened to be laced with anti-freeze 	and she lost her dog
. It is not a good idea to allow your dog to pick up stuff off the ground. I
know that some of our list members are very passionate about positive
reinforcement, however that method might not work for everyone depending on
the handler, the situation and the dog. In my situation, I use both the
correction based method as well as positive reinforcement depending on the
situation and the behavior.  Just my thoughts.
Tina and the girls