[nagdu] Harmony Crosses the Rainbow Bridge

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Sun Jan 11 03:37:20 UTC 2015

Dear All,

                Many of you on this list knew David & Tammy Anspach. Both
were very active in the National Federation of the Blind of Florida and the
Pinellas Chapter. Dave also served as the Treasurer of FLAGDU. Both Dave &
Tammy passed away suddenly due to complications of diabetes within one year
of each other. In fact, Tammy's memorial service was held on the first
anniversary of David's passing.

                When Tammy passed away, Merry and I adopted her guide dog,
Harmony, an Hungarian Viszla,  and her two cats, Snuggles & Fluffy, formerly
Gizmo & Reynolds. Harmony lived a life of luxury, hanging out with Merry's
and my guide dogs, Kappie and Sarge, along with Tammy and Dave's cats plus a
third cat we inherited who was Harmony's pet. In fact, we have pictures of
harmony and Frank snuggled up together. As a retired guide dog, Harmony had
the privilege of lying on our furniture and sleeping in our bed. Harmony
became Hannah's our ( granddaughter)  dog.

We are saddened to let everyone who knew Dave and Tammy know that Harmony
crossed the Rainbow Bridge about 3:30 today. He is now free from the pain of
cancer and aging, likely romping with Dave and Tammy on the other side of
the bridge. Also, for those of you who knew Dave and Tammy, Dave's Leader
dog, Maddox, was adopted by Chuck and Debbie Hietala and worked as Debbie's
guide dog until just a few months ago. He is still with us and living a
similar life of luxury harmony enjoyed, though likely not on the furniture
or in their bed!

                God speed, harmony! You are deeply missed by many two- and
four-legged animals!

Fraternally yours,

Marion Gwizdala, President

National Association of Guide Dog Users Inc.

National Federation of the Blind

(813) 626-2789

(888) 624-3841 (Hotline)

President at nagdu.org

http://www.nagdu.org

High expectations create unlimited potential for the blind!