[nagdu] Concerns arise over Uber's accessibility for personswith disabilities

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 17:37:41 UTC 2015

Hi Abigail, well, right or wrong, here's my take on this.  Even
though Uber and LYFT drivers are using their own personal
vehicles, they are making their services available to the public,
and therefore should be required, as with taxis, to take people
with service dogs.  Whether you tell them or not, that's a
personal decision.  I don't tell a taxi driver that I have a dog
when I call.  I usually will tell them that I am blind so that
they will identify themselves to me.  I don't want to be standing
there and have the cab driver sitting there waiting for me and
then drive away.  Do others tell cab companies that they are
traveling with a guide dog?    Peace,    Debby and Neena