[nagdu] moving to a new city: suggestions?

Aleeha Dudley blindcowgirl1993 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 21:42:17 UTC 2015

Hello all,
I will soon be moving from a small town to a big city here in Ohio. My dog, a 3 year old yellow lab, has really only known this small town throughout his working life with me. He is a very good dog and seems to do well in the city when I take him there, although he was quite stressed and had loose stool after a trip to this city yesterday. Last time I moved, even though it was across town, he became very stressed and didn’t really want anything to do with me for over a week, again having loose stool and sleeping a great del. Since this is going to be an even bigger change for him, how do I go about getting him acclimated when there will be a lot more traffic? I am also not terribly familiar with the area, so orientation will be a bit of a concern. I just don’t want to overwhelm him and I also want to make sure that he will be his good old self, even in a big city. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a bunch.

Aleeha Dudley and Seeing Eye Dog Dallas
Vice President, Ohio Association of Guide Dog Users
Vice President, Ohio Association of Blind Students
Both proud divisions of the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio
Email: blindcowgirl1993 at gmail.com <mailto:blindcowgirl1993 at gmail.com>
“The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse’s ears.” - Arabian proverb