[nagdu] Dogs on lifts

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 09:28:15 UTC 2015

Hi Marilyn, I use my dog from a wheelchair and some times I let my dog use
the lift on a regular bus if the lift is long enough to accommodate both
the dog and my chair. If the lift is a short lift and my dog can not fit on
it with my chair, I lengthen my leash and let the dog go up the steps
first, where she waits for the lift to bring me up on to the bus.When I use
Para -transit buses, I do not allow my dog to ride up on the lift. There is
no rubber covering on those lifts and I am afraid that she might get her
claws or toes caught in the wholes in the bottom of the metal lift.. On
these buses, I have the driver take the dog up the steps and tie the dog on
the bus. The steps on these buses are located to the left of the lift
rather than in the same place as the lift on a regular bus.I am an owner
trainer so I taught my dogs how to use the lift.Hope this answers your
questions.   Mardi and Shaman, retired and Neechee.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/