[nagdu] What's up with all the scavenging anyhow?

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 11:21:47 UTC 2015

Julie,
well said.  The dog I had with the worst scavenging problem was a lab.  My first, trained at a program back in the good old golden days of no food and very hard lead corrections.
The four dogs I have had after that— three who were trained with food and the clicker were not scavengers at all.  My current guide, also another lab, is a scavenger, although it is improving.  Leash corrections didn't work with her, either.  Zen, however does.  She knows she will get food for ignoring food, and I do keep it at a very high rate of reinforcement because this is a behavior that if given a chance, will become very self- rewarding.

 Rox and the kitchen Bitches:
Mill'E, Laveau, Soleil
Pawpower4me at gmail.com
Sent from my iPhone