[nagdu] Clicker for scavenging

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Jul 2 14:08:40 UTC 2015

Julie J, or anyone else who knows, how can I use clicker training to work on
scavenging?

I think I understand the basic concepts.

In the winter, I started teaching Krokus to touch my hand as a way to
re-focus him, but I let it slide come Springtime, and just restarted
recently.  Is something like hand-touch useful to stop scavenging, or is
there something else I should be doing instead?

My goal is to stop Krokus scavenging as much as I can.  I'm willing to try
any method that will achieve that goal, but I'd prefer a gentle method, if
it works. If I can get him to decide for himself that it's not very
rewarding, that would be great.  Otherwise, I forsee it being a continuing
problem.

Tracy