[nagdu] Sidewalk-less walking?

Jody Ianuzzi thunderwalker321 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 21:20:08 UTC 2015

Hello Donna,

My guide dog is owner trained, not school trained.  Oh yes, I do know all about country travel.

We also live out in the country too.  We live on a dead end road paved with crushed shells rather then blacktop so it is like gravel.  All the roads here have gullies about four feet from the road for drainage.

There are only four houses on our road.  When a car does go by it is almost always a neighbor who will stop and say hello.  I got in the habit of approaching the car to talk.  This has built a bad habit in my dog who thinks that if a car stops we should approach.  I have conveyed this problem to my neighbors who now understand .  Now when they stop to talk I will put my dog in a sit stay and we will talk from a short distance.

Our electric fences are on the top of the fence for horses with the middle and lower wires with no power so my dog doesn't get zapped.

He is very good with the horses and he gives them space.  He is also very good with the chickens only scattering them from time to time for  the fun of it.  He will be fine if the cat sleeps in our room but if he sees him in the yard he will chase him.  Of course this is all when he is not in harness.

When in harness I can thank the cats who will walk with us down the road and offer a great working distraction.  He is very good about not chasing them in harness.

The country life is so wonderful, I don't miss city life at all.

JODY 🐺
thunderwalker321 at gmail.com

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."  DOCTOR WHO (Tom Baker)