[nagdu] Living in the country and NFB convention

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Fri Jul 3 13:43:11 UTC 2015

I live in a small town, less than 8,000 people.  My husband is a farmer and
I often think how nice it would be to live out in the country.  We could
have cows and a huge garden and it would all be lovely.  It's so quiet and
peaceful out there.  I could easily teach the dogs more advanced country
skills, mainly targeting of specific buildings or landmarks.  But the land
where we farm and could potentially build is 15 miles from town.  I go over
all the same things everyone else has mentioned and resign myself to living
in walking distance of the grocery, post office, bank, etc.  I do wish we
had an acre or two though.  Then I could have chickens and maybe some bees
and a milk goat.  There are people within walking distance of my house who
have cows, horses, goats, chickens and even llamas the horrible beasts.  I
think that would be my perfect, in town, but a sort of mini farm.
Unfortunately those homes are rather expensive.  I'll keep dreaming though!

Julie