[nagdu] Jenny update

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Sat Jul 4 19:39:18 UTC 2015

Hey guys!
Just got back from the vet.  Looks like those little things above her ears are just the inside cartilage. I'll keep watching it in case we're wrong...
The vet did a thorough ear flush of her ears, and that seemed to REALLY help things. She held her ears normally, relaxed, after that, not painfully like she has done the past couple of days since the pressure has been all over the place.
We also noticed a tiny bump on the inside of her right ear flap, most likely a bug bite.  We'll watch it for any signs of change, infection, etc.
I also took the opportunity to get titers tests run on her to see if she still has immunity to any vaccines; the "vaccine cocktail" last year didn't agree with her well, and rather than shooting Benadryl into her pre-vaccine, I figured it'd be safer to get the tests done to make sure we don't over-vaccinate her.
She did beautifully walking home from the vet, even showing me intersections we haven't crossed in a year, just in case I wanted to use them.  She ignored all the barking dogs and the people and any ground candy, nearly flawless... until we got home, where she got distracted by a cat sitting on our front stoop.  It hissed at her, but ran away... I had to go around my house making sure all of our cats were inside (they were).  So some random cat thinks our front stoop is awesome!

Thanks all for your thoughts and prayers!

Darylb