[nagdu] Offset or ergonomic handle

Deanna Lewis DLewis at clovernook.org
Mon Jul 6 15:07:09 UTC 2015

Hi Jennifer,
I use the ergonomic handle with my guide dog from GDB. I used one with my previous guide as well. I have some arthritis and pain in my wrist, hands, and fingers from being a Licensed Massage Therapist for 10 years. The ergo handle is easier for me to grip and doesn't cause my wrist to sit uncomfortably. I also switched to a longer harness handle recently, since my new dog is shorter and I felt like I was bending over to the left, which was causing my right hip to hurt, so the longer handle has helped too.
Since you are doing home training, I am sure they will bring different types of handles. Or I assume they could also send you a different handle later on, that's what GDB did for me.
Hope this helps!
Deanna and Mambo