[nagdu] The NFB got vote correct on ownership.

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 13:21:33 UTC 2015

Howard,
Where would we be if people didn't give of their money for guide dogs?  We'd figure it out.  This attitude of being grateful for other people's charity is IMHO part of the problem.  It takes away or tries to take away a person's power.  Being told that we should be grateful for the kindness of others because where would we be without it is something the NFB has fought for over 75 zears to combat.
Where would we be without NAC?  Where would we be without schools for the blind, for countless kinds of charity that we are told to accept be quiet and be grateful to have.
Charity comes with a cost, as you said, and I, for one, will not pay it.
The guide dog programs get quite a bit from their graduates.  The trainers and support staff get pretty well-paying jobs.  The organization gets great PR.  The graduates are a fundimental part of the process and without them there would be no training programs.  So rather than being treated like children who should be grateful, we should be treated like partners.  With all the respect and mutual accord that involves.

 Rox and the kitchen Bitches:
Mill'E, Laveau, Soleil
Pawpower4me at gmail.com
Sent from my iPhone