[nagdu] The membership has spoken, and I am disappointed

Howard J. Levine WB2HWW at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 10 13:25:17 UTC 2015

Hi from Howard and guide dog Rhett, the NFB membership got it correct on the
question of ownership by the school. In the united states we do not use
public funds and the government does not provide guide dogs to blind. The
schools use private funds and they answer to ones who give of there private
funds. The ones who pay for our guide dogs call the shops, it cost lot of
money to provide guide dogs. It cost about fifty thousand dollars to provide
guide to blind person. There is no free lunches in world when you get
something for free or little to no cost you give something up. If blind
people want respect then we need to come another way to fund cost of guide
dog teams in this country or just pull out your check book and pay for guide
dog if you want owner ship that how simple it is. Just look at what is going
on in Greece you can't have cake and eat it. Just look at our health care
system when it is free to all then you just get crap. I don't care if I
don't own my guide dog I am happy that there are others who are willing to
pay and lay out large anounts money so I can have guide dog. Where would we
be if there would not be others willing to give funds so  we could have
guide dogs free or little cost.