[nagdu] Should Service dogs in training be allowed in the classroom?

Roanna Bacchus rbacchus228 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 18:18:44 UTC 2015

Dear Nagdu Members,

Yesterday I read an article in the Orlando Sentarel that says
that service dogs in training have been banned from classroms in
public schools in Orange County here in Central Florida.
Seminole County has a policy stating that the principal of the
school must give permission for the individual to bring their
service dog in training into the classrom.  This brings to my
memory an incident where my former Tvi ;was told she could not
bring her dog in training into the classrom at Hagerty High
School where she was teaching at the time.  How do you feel about
this issue? Hope to hear from you soon.