[nagdu] Should Service dogs in training be allowed in the classroom?

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Sun Jul 12 20:13:05 UTC 2015

Everything Ann said is correct and I am in total agreement.  I did want to
add that I feel strongly that training is training time, not work time, not
shopping time, not socializing time.  By this I mean if an employer has
hired me to do a certain job, then they are paying me for that job and not
dog training.   It irritates me quite a bit when someone is training their
dog to be a service dog and they take the dog along to all day shopping
extravaganzas,  or to a elaborate 7 course meal, eating and having fun with
friends and engage in zero training.  If you claim your dog to be a service
dog in training, then you should be engaged in training.

I am not talking about puppies with a puppy raiser.  I'm specifically
meaning a service dog in training, as in the phase between puppy raising and
fully trained service dog.

Julie
Courage to Dare: A Blind Woman's Quest to Train her Own Guide Dog is now
available! Get the book here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QXZSMOC