[nagdu] The membership has spoken, and I am disappointed

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Mon Jul 13 12:07:15 UTC 2015

Michael, I agree with you about the well-being of the dogs.  I don't
think there is any way to screen out all people who would abuse dogs.
Some people who get a dog have never had a dog in the home so have no
idea about the responsibility required to have a guide dog.

I am paying attention to all that is said and I can see both sides
now.  Does anyone have suggestions on how schools could help insure
the safety of the dogs they train?

This is just one suggestion, but what about a probationary period for
a first time trainee?  That is just a suggestion and I hope there will
be others.

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/cindyray%40gmail.co
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/lkeeler%40comcast.net

>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/michaeldforzano%40gmail.com