[nagdu] Switching foods

GARY STEEVES rainshadowmusic at shaw.ca
Mon Jul 13 20:48:28 UTC 2015

Hi Daryl:

When I first got bogart we went through 5 different foods in the first year before we found one that he eats and, based on what comes out, his body agrees with. How I do it is introduce a quarter new food for one or two days, then half new food for same period and then three quarters and then fully switch over. The safest for her tummy is taking a bit longer on each stage of the change over.

Bogart is now on Acana lamb and apple. He was on grasslands which is lamb with some other protiens but I thought we'd switch to this other food to see if he ate it better. Being that it's the same brand I don't go through the big switching ritual but he seems to have a stronger constitution then when we first got him. He was only 47 pounds compared to the 61 he now weighs.

Cheers
Gary