[nagdu] dogs and canes

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 23:59:03 UTC 2015

Some dog residue was in the skywalk, too, but I don't think there was much.
I just need to say there is a lot of stress at conventions for dogs, their users, and cane users. It gets aggravating when people keep hitting you or your dog with a cane. It is hard to understand how they don't realize that it is not a chair or whatever. But people are so caught up in stress I think that they are not being fully aware. I grumbled about it, too, and I was using a cane, but I understand it, and I tried very hard not to be such an offender if at all possible. I think we all need to be a little humble and forgiving about this. Canes are not horrible; they are a tool, too. Granted, the dog is a live one and you are emotionally attached to it and it to you, but it is also your mobility equipment. People with canes need to treat each other and dog handlers with respect; dog handlers need to do likewise.

Cindy