[nagdu] Agility

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 13:39:54 UTC 2015

Tracy,
I have done agility with two of my guides.  At the time I was hearing.  I used a bell to locate the dog.
I started by introducing all of the obsticles while the dog was on a leash. Once she became comfortable, I took the leash off.
The dog needs to have a good recall, a solid stay, and must avoid being distracted by the other dogs.
You can buy agility equipment at places like sitstay for not very much, and can set up the obsticles in your yard to have a low distraction environment in which to introduce the obsticles.
And no, my dog had no problem telling the difference between guidwork where you go around the obsticles and agility where you go over or under them.
My first agility dog was program trained and when they found out we were doing agility the trainers spouted all kinds of twaddle about ruining her guide training because she would get confused.  EYE ROLL.
I ignored them and kept on with it, and there was never a problem.

 Rox and the kitchen Bitches:
Mill'E, Laveau, Soleil
Pawpower4me at gmail.com
Sent from my iPhone