[nagdu] Coconut Oil

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 15:41:47 UTC 2015

Hi Danielle,
For the ears, I put 1/4 tsp of coconut oil in each ear to clean it. I
do not use any ear cleansing solutions, vinegar, rubbing alcohol, or
ear wipes. Just put the coconut oil in each ear, and massage it into
the canal as you would with any other ear cleaner/medicine.
I only need to do it once every month or two, but you might need to do
it every week or two for Willa.

Brush your dog's teeth with coconut oil. It breaks down plaque and
tartar. Use it the same way you would use toothpaste. It's less toxic
anyway.

Apply it to your dog's coat after bathing to replenish nutrients and
moisture to the skin and coat. Be sure to brush it into the coat.

Coconut oil also helps heal wounds.

I recommend Nutiva, Barlean's, or Now Foods coconut oil. I favor
Nutiva because I can get their product in glass jars, but I have used
all three brands on myself and my dog. Be sure to get virgin unrefined
coconut oil. Cold-pressed is best, but if it's expeller-pressed, it's
also fine. Expeller-pressed coconut has gone through a heating
process, so it contains less nutrients and some of the fats have been
broken down.

You can buy coconut oil just about anywhere. online or in-store.
--
Raven
Founder of 1AM Editing & Research

You are valuable because of your potential, not because of what you
have or what you do.

Naturally-reared guide dogs
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/nrguidedogs