[nagdu] Water

Danielle Sykora dsykora29 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 21:58:00 UTC 2015

My dog tends not to drink much water, particularly in the winter. The
only time he drank what seemed excessively was during class since he
wasn't used to drinking out of a bowl in the kennel. He gets a fair
amount of water in the morning since he eats a freeze-dried food which
needs to be rehydrated. Other than that, he drink only after playing,
going for a long walk, or eating dinner. I find it easier to give my
dog water on a schedule (3-4 times a day) rather than leaving the
water down all of the time. He tends not to drink enough away from
home so I find it is better to keep the same routine of water
availability no matter the location.

The puppy on the other hand is fascinated by water. She loves to drink
and will even try to lick water from the ground after it has rained.
Not surprisingly, ice cubes are some of her favorite toys. Crazy
pup...

Danielle, Thai, and Bonnie (GDF puppy in training)