[nagdu] Fw: [nfbmi-talk] Fw: guide dog banned from church bus

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 05:22:56 UTC 2015

Wow, everything you say makes me never want to move to Indiana.
Since 1981, I have been involved in many churches, and various
activities.  There have been two places where my dog was an
issue.  One was the retreat house in Canada, and one was a
convent that I wanted to visit in Rhode Island.  Some of the
sisters there had severe dog allergies, so I was asked not to
bring my dog.  But other churches have been quite wonderful about
it.  I have not seen this, but I have heard that the U.S.
Conference of Catholic Bishops put out a statement a few years
ago regarding people with disabilities.  Yes, we have religious
freedom in this country and I am happy that we do, but it is sad
when people use religion to keep people with service dogs out.
Debby and Nova