[nagdu] Dog suits

Dan Weiner dcwein at dcwein.cnc.net
Wed Jul 22 16:51:06 UTC 2015

I was in Japan for nearly two years, some guide dog users do this, though primarily it's for restaurants I think or wherever they think they might inconvenience some poor hapless soul.
The grads of Eyemate, which is the guide dog school in Tokyo, a school which seems to pattern itself after the Seeing eEye,  don't seem to do that but some other school grads like the idea and I think it was pretty much if you felt you dneeded it.
I didn't do it when I was there, but of coursse that's because I'm a pushy bastard and honestly I don't much care whether someone is concerned about my dog's hair in a public place.
Also my dog is bigger than the average cute female yellow lab which seemed to be the standard there so when I looked in to it for fun they didn't have a size to fit Evan, my pup at the time.

Not totally sure from what I've heard that it's that good for the dogs, as it doesn't let any heat escape from their body or so someone told me someone who doesn't have their dog wear a suit.
It seemed to cover the dog from the shoulders to the tail, with the tail poking out.
Some people put baby socks on their dogs feet so the nails wouldn't scratch anything.

And no, I don't know where you get the suits--smile.
But if I hear anything  I will  let you know.
Dan personally thinks it's overkill but to each his own.

Like it or not, dogs shed because guess what, they're dogs--lol. I didn't think it made guide dogs more acceptable to the general public because the people who have their dogs wear the darned suit still tell me they had access problems, but it was a very good conversation piece because a lot of people would comment on how cute it looks. Why am I thinking it was blue in color, no idea but that's the impression I got.

I am still in contact with one guide dog user from there, I'll ask her and if she gives me permission I'll copy what she says to the list.

Of course, living in NYC, Tracey, who knows... I remember all six times I visited your fair city cab access was atrocious, but I doubt that the drivers who would see the dog and drive away will care whether you put a ridiculous suit on your dog, just my opinion which of course you didn't ask for but was given anyway because I'm just in that kind of mood today, I just came back from the dentist--lol

But I hope cab access is all right for you and I'm sorry the guy commented on dog hair, see I can be compassionate and caring...

Dan the man

dcwein at dcwein.cnc.net