[nagdu] Europe (was: Two blind Toronto women were booted from aflight to Europeon Canada Day after they refused to muzzletheir guide dogs.)

Dudley Hanks dhanks at dudley-hanks.com
Wed Jul 22 18:46:19 UTC 2015

I've been to the UK twice in the last few years, and haven't had any
trouble.

The biggest problem is that your dog has to receive a de-worming treatment
close to your departure date, and the treatment has to be verified by a
"federal vet."

The treatment has to be given no less than 48 hours before departure, yet no
more than 5 days.

Also, the dog has to be chipped, and a rabies shot has to be given after the
chip has been implanted.

Once everything has been done, you have to send copies of your paperwork to
the UK for verification, and you have to remain in the plane upon arrival
until an official comes and looks your dog over and scans the chip.

If you don't stay on top of things, it can be a pain, but it can be done.

Cheers,
Dudley, with Michener