[nagdu] Interactive dog toys

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Sun Jul 26 12:00:24 UTC 2015

I have the Monster Mouth by JW Pet.  Mostly the dogs play with it like a
regular toy, but it is meant to hold treats/food.   It's shaped like a clam.
It's made of a very durable rubbery stuff.  There are no moveable parts.  It
can be left with a dog without supervision.  I've had it for years and
neither of my serious chewers destroyed it.  It does need at least a medium
sized kibble to work well.  If you put tiny kibble, like pea size, it will
come out quickly.   You can stuff bigger pieces in there or fill it with
water and freeze it

I have another puzzle toy.  I can't remember the name of it.  It's a cheap
version of one of the Nina Otossin sp? toys.  It requires a lot of set up,
detailed cleaning and absolutely requires close supervision.  It has lots of
parts and the plastic would not hold up to chewing.    The dogs love it
though.   The main piece has holes where you put the treats.  There is a
wheel that spins over the holes so only half of them are exposed at any
time.  There are little cups that slide into the holes to cover those
treats.  The dog has to remove the cups, one by one, and then spin the wheel
in order to get all the treats.  The first time it takes a few minutes for
the dog to figure all of this out.  Monty has done it so many times I think
he's down to about 45 seconds.

At one time I did have a cloth cube puzzle toy with cloth balls inside.  I
ordered the large and it was still pretty small pieces.  It didn't hold up
to well, even with supervision.

Julie
There are still a few Sport style guide harnesses, in large sizes,
available.  Send inquiries to: julielj at neb.rr.com
Courage to Dare: A Blind Woman's Quest to Train her Own Guide Dog is now
available! Get the book here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QXZSMOC