[nagdu] Ear cleaning techniques

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 00:14:54 UTC 2015

Hi Deanna,  Mardi here.  I use the half vinegar / half water solution on my
dogs,but I use a spray bottle and spray the solution right into the ear and
massage the ear  and then let the dog shake out the excess liquid. I then
take a cotton ball and wipe out the ear. Shaman hates having this done
because he has allergy ears and I have to do it at least every 3 days if he
doesn't have an ear infection and every day if he does. I have to use his
medicine in a tube after I do the vinegar and water treatment. He moves and
squirms around and it is hard to hold on to him, but I some how manage.I
have to do the same thing for Max,my border collie as he also has allergy
ears. I rarely have to do the other dogs ears as they never seem to get
infections or dirty ears.I did Shulamith's ears the other day and she
pretty much acted the same way as Shaman does.Her ears were a little dirty
but other wise seemed OK. I find the spray bottle works well for me and it
takes about 3 or 4 sprays into the ear to get enough of the solution in
there.I usually end up smelling like vinegar on ear cleaning day so I do it
in the morning and then take a shower and change my cloths.  Hope this is
helpful.   Mardi and Shaman,retired and Neechee and Shulamith,GDIT.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/