[nagdu] Up date on Shulamith

Jennifer Woods jem4ever at icloud.com
Sun Jun 7 05:27:05 UTC 2015

Are you training your dog to be a guy dog by yourself? Or is it a service dog?

On Jun 6, 2015, at 6:03 PM, Mardi Hadfield via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:

Hi every one. Shulamith is sitting and lying down on command pretty
consistently now. Her house manners are also very much improved,but she
still needs to learn that she has to wait her turn for treats. She has a
habit of trying to grab them right out of another dog's mouth. I keep
telling her she is going to get her nose bit off that way.She does know
what NO means and when I tell her NO, she will back off and wait her
turn,but when the treats are first brought out,she gets very excited and
grabby. She will learn.  She will be going to the vet  for her check up on
Monday and to get her nails clipped.Those nails are so long and I am tired
of getting raked every time she gives me her paw.I have never seen a dog
with nails this long, but then she came out of a very bad situation of
neglect and cruelty. Had I known that I would get a free exam on her
because she was adopted through a rescue, I would have gotten her in a lot
sooner, but the rescue neglected to tell me that. The vet did tell me so we
will get a free vet visit  the first time.My plan is to get her nails down
to where I can put the boots on her and take her to Petsmart for
socialization,with lots of humans as well as dogs.She is a very friendly
Shepherd so I don't anticipate any problems. As soon as I can put the boots
on her I can start taking her for walks around my neighborhood with my
Wheelchair and teach her about curbs and street crossings. When I first got
her She very rarely barked.Now she has discovered her voice and it sounds
just like Shaman's bark. Now I have 2 barky Shepherds.If they are out
side,I can't tell which one is doing the barking. If they are in side,I can
usually tell which one it is. At least most of the time, Shaman will stop
if I tell him NO BARK. She still has to learn that. Shulamith has a lot to
learn,but she is picking it up fairly easily. She is eager to learn and
wants to please me. I think she will work out just fine.        Mardi and
Shaman,retired and Neechee and Shulamith,GDIT.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/