[nagdu] guide in the limelight

Emily Michael emily.k.michael at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 14:13:37 UTC 2015

Good morning, all,

As some of you may remember, I posted several months ago, asking for advice on how to accustom my new guide dog to chorus rehearsals and performances. I’d like to share an update. My guide York has now been onstage with my quartet several times, and one of these was a high-pressure situation: our first regional competition.

I’d like to share the essay I wrote about this experience. I was amazed at the degree of helpfulness and consideration I received from fellow Sweet Adelines, and I think the essay could be helpful to others in a similar situation.

The essay was published by Wordgathering: A Journal of Disability Poetry and Literature, and it can be found here: http://www.wordgathering.com/issue34/essays/michael2.html <http://www.wordgathering.com/issue34/essays/michael2.html>

Thanks to everyone for the support and encouragement! Many of the suggestions you offered were quite helpful! I’m so grateful to this list.

With best,
Emily & York
---
Emily K. Michael
emily.k.michael at gmail.com
Blog: http://areyouseeingthis.wordpress.com/

"Nowhere, Love, will world exist but within."
- Rainer Maria Rilke