[nagdu] guide dogs and emergency transportation

Nancy VandyVanderBrink at outlook.com
Tue Jun 9 16:37:06 UTC 2015

Hi there,

A question out of curiosity, as some of you may have seen a guide dog saved
his handler in new York yesterday and that has brought up a couple of
questions and when I asked my affiliate president, he suggested I ask here.

1.        Were I injured and the dog not seriously so, could he ride with
me?

2.       Were the both of us injured, since police dogs can be treated at a
hospital if need-be, do guide dogs qualify there too?

3.       If he was hurt and couldn't go with me, who would transport him to
the vet?  Maybe that is just a kindness of strangers sort of thing?

Have any of you dealt with this situation, God forbid, could you give some
insights or information?

Thank you kindly,

Nancy VanderBrink

Cell: (864) 384-3936