[nagdu] dogs at convention

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 18:44:25 UTC 2015

I have always taken my dogs to convention.  Each dog shows stress
differently, so if you are good at reading your dog, then you guys
will do fine.

I completely agree with Dan's reasons.  I would like to add that at
NFB convention if you do ask for help, the UPS volunteers and hotel
staff are extremely well-trained.  They won't grab you or treat you
badly.  As I remember they even give you their names.  The NFB does a
fabulous job training people so that dealing with the ignorance of the
misinformed doesn't happen at convention.

As for impatient blind people...  Yeah, it happens.  My first dog had
an issue staying under chairs.  I would put her under a chair only to
find that she had sneakily pushed her way out from under it moments
later.  I got yelled at a couple times because of this, but we all
miss things.

I look forward to seeing you at convention.

--
Julie McGinnity
National Federation of the Blind of Missouri second vice president,