[nagdu] Krokus's adventure

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Jun 11 12:46:26 UTC 2015

My husband and I just got back from a vacation, visiting my sister at our
folks' old place in Montana.

It was Krokus's first plane trip, but he handled it like a pro.  He even
used the indoor relief area at the Minneapolis airport.

Poky Krokie transformed into superspeedy Krokus.  He actually pulled hard,
which he never does, and I had to steady him, which I've never done before.
I hope he keeps some speediness, now we're back home.  However, it's getting
very hot, so we'll see.

He had a wonderful time, sniffing around the big yard, smelling rabbits,
digging in molehills, eating grass and Goddess-knows-what.  I heard him
pulling up grass like a cow.  Or he'd just stand and sniff the wind, blowing
across the prairie.  He enjoyed lying near me, hanging out in the shade,
too.

He threw up the first night, but I think it was just all the excitement,
because he was fine after that.

We both enjoyed zipping along wide, fairly uncrowded sidewalks.  There are a
few places around here like that, but not too many.  He didn't do great with
the very flat curbs, but there aren't really any around here, so he hasn't
have much experience with them.

Anyway, we had a great time, and he was a good boy, despite being a very
excited puppy.

Tracy