[nagdu] Krokus is getting it

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Jun 12 13:01:13 UTC 2015

Krokus did something yesterday that showed me he's maturing as a guide dog.
We went to the gym.  We've been taking the path between machines that we
were shown when I first started going there a few months ago, which requires
winding between machines with bars that stick out.  Yesterday, when I queued
Krokus to take me to our next machine, he looked around and chose a better
path, without any input from me, and with a lot less clearance issues.  I
was proud of my boy.  He's a cautious guy, and hasn't shown a lot of
initiative, just like the other young dogs I've had, so I was very pleased
when he took charge and tried a new, better way.  Many good boys!

Tracy