[nagdu] Allergies and Dog Foods Dog

Star Gazer pickrellrebecca at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 23:29:54 UTC 2015

				Fight! Fight! Sandra V. Raven!

-----Original Message-----
From: nagdu [mailto:nagdu-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of S L Johnson via
nagdu
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2015 7:10 PM
To: NAGDU Mailing List, the National Association of Guide Dog Users
Cc: S L Johnson
Subject: Re: [nagdu] Allergies and Dog Foods Dog

Hi,

As my vet said, the inaccurate unfounded ravings of a health nut.  This
natural so called healthy stuff is just an advertising gimmick to try and
con people into purchasing higher priced items for themselves and their
pets.  My vet said she has compared the food labels and found many of the so
called healthier choices to be nutritionally incomplete or unbalanced.  She
also said that many of them had a calorie count per cup of twice the
standard foods.  She's seen far too many fat unhealthy dogs whose owners
were feeding the so called healthier foods.  Remember, just because you read
it on the internet or in a magazine, that doesn't make it true or accurate.
I know I will continue to trust the veterinarians because they have many
years of education and experience to back them up.    I have discussed this
with many vets in my forty years of working a guide dog and I know my vet is
totally correct in what she has told me.  I have complete confidence that
she will do what is best for Eva.  Both vets in the office agree with my
food and treat choices and Eva's treatment plan.  They treat their own
allergic dogs the same as they are treating Eva.  Obviously everyone has to
make their own decisions but, you health nuts please stop condemning the
rest of us normal folks.  We love our dogs as much as you do and are doing
what we think is best.  I guess this is one subject where we will have to
agree to disagree.

Sandra and Eva