[nagdu] Preparing to bring your Guide dog home

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Sat Jun 13 19:12:04 UTC 2015

I had a bit of a different experience from most Canadian or American program-trained teams, as we did our training at home.  I was able to ask the trainer about specific situations, especially with Jenny and my cats, and even have her witness some of the interactions.

But ultimately, it was an exciting time.  The hardest part for me, as I think for most people who live with others, is to distance the dog from other family ("pack") members while the foundation of bonding takes place.

Daryl

----- Original Message ----- From: Roanna Bacchus via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org> To: nagdu at nfbnet.org Cc: Roanna Bacchus <rbacchus228 at gmail.com> Sent: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 13:05:33 -0600 (MDT) Subject: [nagdu] Preparing to bring your Guide dog home  Dear Nagdu Members, Since I want to learn more about guide dogs, I thought I would start this topic. I remember how good I felt the first day I brought my cane home from school. I remember thinking about how my sighted siblings and other family members would react to seeing my cane at home. They are very open to me traveling with my cane disever we go someever. How do you prepare to bring your guide dogs home after training with them? Look forward to reading your thoughts on this topic. _______________________________________________ nagdu mailing list nagdu at nfbnet.org http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nagdu_nfbnet.org To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for nagdu: http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/crazymusician%40shaw.ca