[nagdu] [Seeing Eye Graduates Network] FYI. A Tribute Booklet for all the guide dog...

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Mon Jun 15 13:39:55 UTC 2015

It definitely sounds like a fundraising activity for GDUI.
You might want to do this as a member of GDUI but since I am a member
of NAGDU I will take a pass.
On 6/15/15, Tracy Carcione via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> I thought it was rather odd, too.  I wonder if it's actually a fundraiser
> for GDUI--pay for whatever party they're having at their convention, and
> keep the rest.
> Tracy
>

>> Wonder if they will let me put a message to my school in the book?
>> Hahaha!
>> As a kind of outsider, meaning someone who is not invested in this whole
>> guide dog school thing, I find this really weird.
>> I work for a non-prophit, and a guide dog program is just that,
>> non-prophit, and while they don't make money, or at least that is the
>> theory, they are still thanked" for donors and by getting paid for the
>> employees.
>> It bothers me because I do see quite a bit of this "attitude of
>> gratitude"
>> kind of thing going on with people and the programs that while is
>> understandable, also can sometimes be subtly reinforcing of the power
>> dynamic— that of the program with the power, giving and taking back
>> dogs
>> or healthcare for said dogs, and the blind person who should always
>> remember to be grateful.
>> I agree with you Debby, if I were going to give money, I'd do it
>> directly.
>> Now putting on my flame retardent suit and hiding in my foxhole!
>>
>>  Rox and the kitchen Bitches:
>> Mill'E, Laveau, Soleil
>> Pawpower4me at gmail.com
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On Jun 14, 2015, at 9:28 PM, Debby Phillips via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm forwarding this in case anyone wants to do it.  I'm having mixed
>>> feelings about this, because there's a part of me that thinks it's cool,
>>> and another part that is a little uncomfortable.  I think if I do
>>> something in tribute for Seeing Eye (which I would have no problem
>>> doing) I'll just give them the money.  But that's just me.    Debby and
>>> Nova

>>> 2F813940342037747%2F&aref=1434135063715095&medium=email&mid=be7b2
>>> d3G665c9529G5185697085d17G96G8bb5&bcode=1.1434301864.Abn8ZJdBM5o-

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053