[nagdu] Checking out a new vet

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Jun 15 15:11:52 UTC 2015

There's a new vet in my town.  It's much closer than the vet I've been
using.  My old vet is OK, but it takes about 20 minutes, and $30, to get
there, and the same back.  The new vet is only about 10 minutes or less,
and less taxi fare.
I've been to the new vet once.  It was OK, except for Krokus's antics, and
an uncommunicative vet tech.  The vet seemed to know what she was doing,
and treated Krokus kindly. She was a bit gruff, but explained what I
wanted to know.
I'm trying to decide if I should switch vets.  I'm not sure what objective
measures I can use to help me decide.  I've looked at their website,
looking for accreditation info, but it's pretty sparse.  But they are a
vet, not a web design outfit. And, since they're new, I don't know anyone
who uses them yet.  My friends in town like the vet I'm using now, more
than I do.  That vet is a much bigger operation.  Slick and professional,
but everything takes longer.
I want the best care for my boy, and I'm happy to pay for the best, too.
It's just how to decide what's best that confuses me.
Tracy