[nagdu] Calming down?

GARY STEEVES rainshadowmusic at shaw.ca
Wed Jun 17 16:40:52 UTC 2015

Hi Daryl:

I'm so sorry to hear about you losing your job. If you need to blow off steam feel free to email me off list.

It is hard in a particular situation where you are reacting emotionally for your dog not to get it. Yes, I've learned when I'm lost wandering around not to get all stressed because then Bogart does and becomes almost useless. However, if I was to get news that was a shock it is doubtbul I could be mindful enough to not allow Bogart to sense my feelings.

Really, you don't need to worry about Jennie but just work on keeping yourself calm now that the shock is over. This is an unfortunate turn of events but, from your emails, I sense you are a strong grounded person. Take a step back, take a breath, and then start the searching process. We all know that being blind makes it harder to find employment but a lot of it depends on us demonstrating our skills, knowledge and ability while taking a bit of time at the end of an interview to educate about how one gets around the obvious obstacles a sighted employer may be worried about. For me I found that a lot will still depend on the attitudes of the potential employer as well but that part we can't control.

Again, so sorry you were let go but I'm sure that you will find success elsewhere.

Gary
 ----- Original Message ----- From: Daryl Marie via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org> To: nagdu at nfbnet.org Cc: Daryl Marie <crazymusician at shaw.ca> Sent: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 16:47:02 -0600 (MDT) Subject: [nagdu] Calming down? Hi, guys, While I am in the inevitably stressful process of finding a new job (COMPLETELY unrelated to what I wrote about here this weekend), does anyone have any advice on keeping myself calm enough to not alarm Jenny? When leaving my office yesterday, she all but ran me out of the building, but admittedly I was freaking out myself. What do you use for inevitably stressful situations where you will work your dog? Thanks! Daryl _______________________________________________ nagdu mailing list nagdu at nfbnet.org http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nagdu_nfbnet.org To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for nagdu: http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/rainshadowmusic%40shaw.ca